Lingual braces at SO Dental Chatswood- straighten teeth from back surfaces of the teeth. They are a discreet way to straighten teeth in comparison to traditional fixed appliance braces and aligners. Lingual braces comprise of small brackets and arch wires which are bonded to the back of the teeth providing virtual invisibility. Each bracket is custom made to fit the back surface of each tooth, this ensures the brackets are of the correct size and shape for optimum results to be obtained. Lingual braces work in a similar way to conventional braces, but they are hidden behind the teeth.
Advantages of Lingual Braces
- Hidden behind the teeth allowing for treatment to be carried out without people noticing
- Works in a similar way to conventional bracket braces which makes them suitable for cases which require bodily (substantial) movement of the teeth
- Design of brackets allows improved access to clean teeth in comparison to traditional braces
- Removal is not required in order to eat and drink
Patient demand for aesthetic solutions is driving lingual orthodontics to unprecedented popularity as people seek beautiful smiles without the obvious appearance of metal or ceramic brackets.
The STb Light Lingual System delivers superior outcomes — efficient, simplified and faster treatment as well as greater patient comfort — for all levels of cases. A first in lingual orthodontics, STb utilizes a new passive self-ligation design for dramatically reduced friction and lighter forces.
Developed by two of the leading lingual practitioners in the world, Drs. Giuseppe Scuzzo and Kyoto Takemoto, the STb system comprises the most advanced lingual technology, making it incredibly comfortable for the patient and very easy to use — even for clinicians new to lingual.
- With STb, patient compliance issues disappear as you no longer need to worry about misplaced aligners or interruptions in treatment time.
- Unique to lingual brackets, STb has minimal impact on tongue position and speech; clinical studies have demonstrated that the negligible speech difficulty disappears within a few days of bonding. STb brackets have the lowest bracket profile at just 1.5 mm.
- STb is the ideal solution for those cases that are not suitable for aligner treatment, because they require the high level of control that only fixed appliances can provide.
- The STb Light Lingual System is applicable to all levels of cases, and our recently introduced STb Social 6 is ideal for minor to moderate cases involving anterior teeth.
- STb cases can be prepared with a standard indirect setup by AOA Lab or in your own practice. In most cases STb does not require a full T.A.R.G. or C.L.A.S.S. setup, making it far simpler and nearly half the cost of other lingual setups.
At SO Dental Surgery in Chatswood, all patients receive a warm and friendly welcome as well as a highly personalised service. We will carefully discuss your orthodontic needs and analysis what would be the best treatment for you.