CEREC – Same Day Crown & Veneers
CEREC technology also known as CAD/CAM (computer aided design & computer aided manufacturing) is a state-of-the-art method that uses computer design software and machinery for 3D fabrications.
At SO Dental at Chatswood Place, the Centre for Advanced Dentistry we use CEREC system to give our patients satisfactory and highly aesthetic treatment in a single visit. It is an advanced Technology with minimal invasive philosophy in dental treatment with high-precision and aesthetic results.
CEREC- Same Day Crown
Cosmetic Veneers, Crowns and Inlays
- Take digital images and impressions of your teeth
- Create a virtual model of your teeth, bite, and gums
- Match the color and contours of your natural teeth
- Precisely create a ceramic crown, veneer, or implant restoration while taking care of you in the dentist’s chair — all in about an hour
- State of the art CAD/CAM ceramic restoration
Single Visit Dental Implants
- Conventional impressions are not necessary for chairside implant treatment.
- Customized abutments with crowns or screw-retained crowns in a single visit.
- Meet the highest standards for clinical safety and natural appearance with the latest ceramic CAD/CAM restoration.
Main Advantages of CAD/CAM Technology
- Accuracy of shape prevents gapping between tooth crowns and surrounding teeth
- Immediate 3D images remove the need for taking time-consuming impressions of teeth
- Computer sculpting creates a much healthier restoration for the tooth in a matter of minutes
- Short sculpting time allows the dentist to place your dental restoration during the same visit, instead of requiring two visits
- CAD/CAM restorations are better-fitting, more durable and more natural looking (multi-colored and translucent, similar to natural teeth) than previously machined restorations.
CEREC- Other Applications:
- Easy, fast and digital with the Omnicam 3D intra-oral scan. It provides an accurate and digital impression for the finished orthodontic appliance
- Digital impressions with its virtual models can be used for INVISALIGN, Braces Alignment, Orthodontic retainers
CEREC- 3D Guided Implantology
- Combining the CEREC Workflow with 3D images from our 3D Cone Beam CT Orthophos SL 3D means greater safety and better results.
- Integrated implantology enables our dentists at SO Dental in Chatswood to surgically plan implants and implement the plan precisely using a surgical guide
Before you get started, our dentist will determine if CEREC is right for you and provide other treatment options. Depending on how much healthy tooth structures you have remaining, it may be a simple filling or you may need a crown. For more information about CEREC or to book an appointment, contact SO Dental (02) 94131446.