Our dentists and dental hygienists are passionate about prevention. The best protection you can give your teeth is a daily hygiene programme including brushing and flossing, and a regular dental check-up.
Preventive care for children
Prevention is your teeth’s best friend. SO Dental in Chatswood offers a number of options to keep your children’s teeth and gums in the best healthy condition.
- Fissure sealant is a tooth-coloured plastic film that is professionally applied to the deep grooves (fissures) on the back teeth (molars) where tooth decay most often starts.
- Regular Dental Check-up – the early sign of tooth decay and other problems including jaw development can easily be missed by families.
- Fluoride treatments – the maximum reduction in dental caries is achieved when fluoride is available both topically and systemically. Depending on your oral health status, fluoride treatments may be recommended every three, six or 12 months. Your dentist also may recommend additional preventive measures if you are at a moderate or high risk of developing caries.
- Oral Hygiene instruction – brushing and flossing
- Dietary Advice – tips for keeping children’s teeth healthy include offering a wide variety of nutritious foods and healthy snacks
- Sport guards – a soft plastic or laminate device used in sports to prevent oral injuries to the teeth, and mouth.
The Child Dental Benefit Schedule (CDBS)
The Child Dental Benefit Schedule will continue in 2019, providing eligible children with access to a benefit of $1000 for eligible dental services over a 2 calendar year period.
The CDBS provides individuals benefits for a range of services including examinations, x-rays, cleaning, fissure sealing, fillings, root canals and extractions. Benefits are not available for orthodontics or cosmetic dental work and cannot be paid for any services provided in a hospital.
The CDBS continues to be means tested, which requires of Family Tax Benefit Part A or a relevant Australian Government payment.
*Free when services covered by the Commonwealth Government’s Child Dental Benefits Schedule are bulk billed by participating Practitioners for treatments provided to eligible patients.