What is Good Oral Hygiene?
Good oral hygiene results in a mouth that looks and smells healthy. This means:
- Your teeth are clean and free of debris
- Gums are pink and do not hurt or bleed when you brush or floss
- Bad breath is not a constant problem
- If your gums do hurt or bleed while brushing or flossing,
- or you are experiencing persistent bad breath, please let us know.
- Any of these conditions may indicate a problem.
How is Good Oral Hygiene Practiced?
Maintaining good oral hygiene is one of the most important things you can do for your teeth and gums. Healthy teeth not only enable you to look and feel good, they make it possible to eat and speak properly. Good oral health is important to your overall well-being.
These four steps are the best and easiest ways to help you remember how to care for your mouth, teeth and gums:
- Brush at least twice a day with fluoride toothpaste for at least two minutes, especially first thing in the morning and before bedtime.
- Floss every day – usually at bedtime.
- Limit the number of times you eat snacks each day.
- Visit your dentist every 6 months for an oral exam and professional cleaning.
How to: (visit our other pages for the following)
- Tooth Brushing
- Interdental Brush
- Electrical Tooth brush
Daily preventive care, including proper brushing and flossing, will help stop problems before they develop and is much less painful, expensive, and worrisome than treating conditions that have been allowed to progress.
Network Providers with Medibank Private, Bupa, CBHS meaning lower
out-of-pocket costs and greater value cover for you.
Book your Appointment at SO Dental Chatswood Today!