Good news for our patients: An Easing of restriction to level 1 Service for dentists from 9th May 2020
SO Dental- Coronavirus COVID-19 Update 9/5/2020
ADA- “Under level 1 restrictions, all dental services can be provided using standard precautions for people who do not meet epidemiological and clinical risk factors for COVID-19”
SO Dental always have specific measures in place to ensure that our surgeries remain a safe place for you and your family at all times.
We are at 2 modern clinics in Chatswood and both are fully Accredited for your safety and convenience:
- Shop 37 Lemon Grove Shopping Centre, 431 Victoria Ave (Near Chatswood station)
- 54 Hercules St. (3 hours free Car park available at Chatswood Place – Entry on Oscar St)
New Opening hours:
Monday- 9am- 6pm
Tuesday- 9am- 6pm
Wednesday- 9am- 6pm
Thursday- 9am- 7pm
Friday- 9am- 6pm
Saturday- 9am- 5pm
**Please call us or book online**
Is it safe for you and your family to receive dental treatments during the current Coronavirus outbreak?
You are safe in our hands – SO Dental regarding COVID-19
In light of widespread concerns about Coronavirus, we wanted to reach out to you to reassure you that we are keeping a close eye on the outbreak, and have specific measures in place to ensure that our surgeries remain a safe place for you and your family at all times.
Our Hygiene Practices
SO Dental is a Fully Accredited Practice (compliant with NSQHS safety and quality standards) committed to providing best-in-class care to patients. Whilst surgery hygiene has always been extremely important to us, we wanted to take this opportunity to update all patients on the health and safety practices currently in place at both our locations.
- All patients showing any signs of flu, fever, cough or difficulty breathing. All patients who have been overseas or who have been exposed to someone diagnosed with or suspected of having Coronavirus in the last 14 days have been asked to postpone their treatment.
- All dentists and dental assistants working at SO Dental must be in good health and must not have travelled overseas in the past 14 days.
- All staff have been professionally trained for infection control. Full face shields, masks, gloves, protective gowns and head covers are worn by all of our staff in the dental treatment rooms.
- All instruments used in procedures are either disposable or autoclaved (sterilised). In the sterilisation process, instruments are individually packed in colour-changing sterilisation pouches, sealed and sanitised by steam in an autoclaving machine.
- Disposable full dental chair covers are used and changed for each patient.
- Frequently handled hard surfaces are covered with disposable plastic wraps and wiped with bactericidal sprays between every patient.
- High traffic areas such as the front door, reception desk and waiting area are being sanitized frequently throughout the day.
- Magazine, toys and things that patients tend to pick up are removed from our waiting room.
- A large perspex screen was installed at reception to protect our staff and patients.
- We will be asking every patient upon arrival to sanitise their hands with our provided hand sanitizer.
- Patients will be given pre-procedural rinse with 1% Hydrogen Peroxide for 30 sec before dental treatments.
- Rubber dam is used to isolate the operative site with our excellent suction will help to prevent spread of aerosol.
- Scaling and clean will be done by our experienced dentists using Hu-Friedy hand scalers.
- Both of our locations, Lemon Grove Shopping Centre and 54 Hercules St have been awarded Full Accreditation against NSQHS standards for Dental Practices. We adhere to stringent sterilization protocols and procedures using modern equipment and comply with current Australian regulations and guidelines of “Universal Precautions.”
To Our Valued Patients
If you are experiencing any flu-like symptoms or have travelled from overseas in the past 14 days. If you have been exposed to someone diagnosed with or suspected of having coronavirus in the last 14 days – please kindly phone us at (02) 9413 1446 to reschedule your appointment. Please note that if you are displaying any symptoms upon arrival, we have the right to refuse service in the interests of protecting the safety of our staff and other patients.
While some of these measures may appear extreme, our top priority is to ensure that SO Dental remains a safe place for our patients, staff and their families at all times.
If you have any questions or additional concerns, please feel free to reach out at anytime by phone or email. We look forward to seeing you soon at your next appointment.
SO Dental Team
So Dental Chatswood Place (New Location!)
54 Hercules St
Chatswood NSW 2067
SO Dental Lemon Grove
Shop 37 Lemon Grove Shopping Centre
431 Victoria Ave, Chatswood 2067