Reliable Dental Implants services at SO Dental Surgery Chatswood in Sydney
Dental Implants replaces missing teeth
Multiple Implants Bridge
Advantages of Dental Implant
- replaces missing teeth
- maintains bone
- restores function and aesthetics
- unlike bridges, do not require cutting neighbouring healthy teeth
- help to withstand greater bite pressures than dentures
Dental Implants, when compared to missing teeth, contribute to a healthier and more aesthetic physical appearance, making eating easier and more enjoyable, and help preserve the tissues and structures of the mouth and jaw.
What is the process for Dental Implant Placement?
- Planning stage: Planning is the most important part of the process. Sometimes we may require specialized imaging (Cone beam CT) to 3D visualize the bone condition.
- Implant placement: we will place the dental implant in the ideal spot to form the gum tissue around the implant and for an aesthetic crown’s emergence.
- Healing: the dental implant will grow and integrate with the bone in a matter of a few weeks.
- Temporary restoration: if the dental implant is in a readily visible area, a temporary restoration may be placed for aesthetic purposes while the site heals.
- Abutment placement: when healing is complete, the dental implant abutment is placed to connect the dental implant to the porcelain crown.
- Porcelain crown: A new porcelain crown will be screw-retained or cemented to the abutment of the implant fixture.
If you would like to know about dental implants, please feel free to call us for a consultation appointment with one of our dentists. We will carefully assess whether you are a good candidate for dental implants or this is the best option for your needs. A carefully and intelligently thought-out treatment plan is the difference between success and failure.
Thanks for trusting SO Dental Surgery Chatswood with your dental-implants needs.