Reliable Crown and Bridge services at SO Dental Surgery Chatswood in Sydney
3D digital scanner at So Dental Chatswood
Planscan E4D Same day ceramic crown at So Dental Surgery at Chatswood
CAD CAM emax crown & bridge at So Dental Chatswood
One Appointment Crown/ Bridge
At SO Dental Surgery at Chatswood we are pleased to offer our patients high quality, same day restorations using the latest Planscan E4D CAD CAM 3D system. Using the state of the art technology with the Blue laser scanner, CAD (computer-aided design), CAM (computer-aided manufacture), we can fit custom-made high tech ceramic restorations (emax), including crowns, inlays, veneers, bridge on the same day without the need for making impressions or fitting temporary restorations, This helps to maximise patient comfort and preservation of tooth substance.
Main advantages of CAD/CAM technology:
- Accuracy of shape prevents gapping between tooth crowns and surrounding teeth
- Immediate 3D images remove the need for taking time-consuming impressions of teeth
- Computer sculpting creates a much healthier restoration for the tooth in a matter of minutes
- Short sculpting time allows the dentist to place your dental restoration during the same visit, instead of requiring two visits
- CAD/CAM restorations are better-fitting, more durable and more natural looking (multi-colored and translucent, similar to natural teeth) than previously machined restorations.
Planmeca PlanScan is the only intraoral scanner in the world with blue laser technology. Its smaller wavelength (450 nm) is more reflective, resulting in sharper images. Its ability to capture fine details allows for more clinically precise prosthetics.
With video-rate scanning and Thunderbolt™* connectivity to our Planmeca PlanCAD laptop, Planmeca PlanScan captures and processes data almost as quickly as you move your hand – even with full-arch cases.